Monday, March 1, 2021

Little Bridge


Day 139: Three weeks ago (February 10, actually), my readers accompanied me vicariously to Big Bridge, a landmark on the Lower Elk Spur trail. Snow prevented me from taking them on a walk to its counterpart Little Bridge (above) which likewise spans Sahara Creek, but on the Upper Elk Spur. A cross-trail connects the two spurs higher up and west of here, but today I chose to continue east on the ADA trail instead. It is also a loop, but what the land owners mean by "ADA" is most certainly not the same definition used by the Fed. Notable features along its purportedly "accessible" length include a tessellation of baseball-sized rocks in the surface, ankle-deep mud and one bridgeless stream crossing. Other hazards would be equally difficult for a wheelchair to navigate. In any event, I could not recall having ever hiked the eastern portion of the ADA trail, or if I had, it was so long ago that it faded from memory. I will say that the trails have better signage now than they did two or three years ago, although nothing to indicate how far it is from point A to point B. But then, that's what an Adventure is about, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment