Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Weavin' O' The Green


Day 155: I was a little worried that the emerald green thread I'd ordered wouldn't arrive in time to help me celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but it showed up on Tuesday, coinciding with the completion of the third towel in a series of four currently in progress on the floor loom. Thus, I will be a-weavin' o' the green today (that's "weavin'" as opposed to "wearin'" for those of you who might have missed the word-play). I chose to use a textured weave in the white stripe rather than a simple tabby to give the towel a little more character. This is one of the reasons I enjoy Bird's-Eye: many different looks can be achieved with combinations of treadling and colour on the same warp. And yes, I am already planning a project to follow this one: a "summer-and-winter" lap throw which will take significantly longer to complete than a set of mixed-colour towels. That said, I'm playing the waiting game again. More warp thread should arrive in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment