Monday, September 6, 2021

Shaded Scarf


Day 328: The double experiment has reached a successful conclusion. Not only did the deliberate alignment of space-dyed warp work out the way I'd planned it, giving a "painted" appearance at the transitions, the sectional reed allowed me to combine different weights of thread for a textured feel. The drape of this soft cotton piece is lovely, but the best part is that the warp was made entirely with "leftovers," tag ends from previous projects. It took some careful planning to reach maximum efficiency, but I am quite pleased with the result. The finished scarf measures 63" x 8" and its destiny has already been determined (nope, I'm not telling!). That said, as much as I would like to repeat the process,commercial space-dyed threads have gone out of vogue and are rather difficult to find these days. This shade is no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment