Sunday, November 7, 2021

Cat Hat


Day 25: I didn't really need another winter hat, but I wanted to do some nalbinding with handspun, specifically some bulky yarn I'd made from my ram's wool years ago. The solitary skein held 355 yards; the hat  took 301, and I briefly considered putting tassels on the points to use up the rest but decided instead to use a nalbinding needle to hold a turned-back edge in place. The needle will need to be secured with a bit of the remaining yarn so that it can't be lost. The design is a traditional Scandinavian style, sometimes referred to as a "cat hat" (not to be confused with a "pussy hat") because of the "ears," and in my interation, fits the head snugly. With snow level dropping to 2300 feet this week, I'm all set for chilly weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment