Monday, November 8, 2021

Make No Assumptions


Day 26: There were so many other ways they could have phrased this cautionary sign, although I doubt a professional "No berry-picking allowed" wouldn't have deterred many people from taking what they wanted. That said, "Do not assume that the berries are organic" made me laugh out loud. I suppose this means that you have the liberty to make herbicide-laden jams and jellies if you so desire (and I will refrain from drawing the obvious parallel to masks and vaccinations). The phrasing allows you the latitude to choose for yourself, and was certainly worded to avoid any suggestion of a mandate, regulation or restriction. This photo will go in my collection of funny signs, but it will be a long time before anyone tops the sign on a sign which read, "Do not post signs on this sign."

No comments:

Post a Comment