Friday, November 5, 2021

Easter Eggs In November

Day 23: When it's raining buckets, when it's pouring down a real gully-washer and the skies are so dark it looks like midnight at noon, the folks at Davis Instruments have come up with a cure for SAD: easter eggs in their weather displays. This isn't the first time I have seen "Its raining cats n dogs." After all, I do live in the Pacific Northwest, but apparently that particular phrase is reserved for times when the rainfall exceeds a certain rate per minute, as it was yesterday when we were having a right frog-strangler, and it always makes me laugh. I suspect there are other little gems which I haven't encountered, e.g., those which might appear in tornado country or a hurricane-prone region, but thank you, I'll leave those for someone else to discover. However, it was only a day or two ago that I spotted the announcement of a meteor shower (a rather unhelpful mention given the circumstances of a surfeit of precipitation), and was rather surprised that I hadn't noticed this type of information for any previous astronomical event. What else have you built in, Davis? If it goes below zero, are you going to tell me it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey? I need to pay closer attention to this instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment