Thursday, November 4, 2021

Sparkly Bits


Day 22: No camera can capture sparkle, but I hope this gives my readers an idea of the shimmer in my latest handspun project. I am using a vintage product called Nomis Together as a third ply. It is a blending filament made from nylon, polyester and mylar (or its precursor), and is no longer marketed. In fact, the manufacturer is no longer in operation and I have been unable to find anything equivalent in a spool larger than 55 yards (which, of course, is entirely unreasonable when you're talking about spinning several hundred yards of wool). When finished, these two skeins of yarn will be truly unique, and that is one of the joys of hand-spinning. That said, I have two more unopened 450-yard spools of Nomis, one in a light orchid shade and the other in red. Choosing a dyed wool to carry them will be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment