Saturday, November 27, 2021

'Til Hell Freezes Shut

Day 45: I am going to be tying fringe until hell freezes shut. Since the summer-and-winter will be an "heirloom" piece (not that I have any heirs), I decided to create a more luxurious fringe by doubling the number of strands over that left by the warp alone. I've hemstitched by fours, so each cluster receives an additional pair cut from the thrums (loom waste) which is folded over to yield four more ends. The two sets of four are then twisted together and tied. Although I wasn't thinking about how I was going to finish the weaving at the time, I am thankful I had the foresight to purchase a fringe-twister tool before reaching this point in the project. That little gadget is worth its weight in gold. I cannot imagine how long it would take to finger-twist it! I'm almost a quarter of the way done, so there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment