Friday, March 11, 2022

Tatting In Easter Colours


Day 149: Now while I don't let him completely dictate the pattern of my life, my Boy is getting old and deserves a few accommodations. Finding projects to work while your lap is occupied by fourteen pounds of fur-covered lard immediately excludes weaving on any of my small looms, rules out knitting a sweater or crocheting an afghan, or anything else where I would need to be sitting in a prescribed position or shifting a large piece of work. Admittedly, he's found a way to insinuate himself under my sit-on embroidery frame, but there's always the risk of poking one or the other of us with the needle. Consequently, I've made a lot of socks this winter, and I've done a fair bit of tatting. This is my most recent project, an oval doily. I started it less than a week ago and am done with half the last row of medallions. The center is worked in the same purple-and-green variegated thread as the outer row, and is followed by three rows of plain lavender. I think that lone crocus may have influenced my Easter-y colour choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment