Saturday, March 12, 2022

Tippy Over Tippy


Day 150: "Over" is an essential part of our morning routine. After he's through with his breakfast, Tippy sits beside my chair and waits for me to ask, "Where's my Over? We gotta have Over. Over is the most important part of the day!" Then he jumps onto my lap and expects to be turned sunny-side up, whereupon he "goes boneless" and rests his head on my chest, purring constantly and occasionally looking up at me so we can touch noses. He'll stay that way for five minutes or so before indicating to me that he wants to roll up, pivoting on the heaviest, bulkiest portion of his anatomy until he can stretch out long with his head on my knees. Over is performed several times throughout the day, but seldom for the length of time devoted to it in the morning.

When Skunk was still with us (today is the third anniversary of her demise), my lap was her domain. She only shared it with him on two historical occasions when he managed to squeeze into the space between my legs and the arm of the chair. But only a few days after she left us, my Child asserted his claim and now spends the better part of his day holding his Mama down.

No comments:

Post a Comment