Thursday, June 23, 2022

Quick And Crazy


Day 253: Despite the fact that I have been working on two quilt tops simultaneously, I managed to complete the 30 blocks for the Crazy Quilt in a mere two weeks. I finished assembling them this morning. Because this quilt is foundation-pieced (i.e., the fabrics are stitched onto muslin squares), it is a bit heavier than usual, which means that batting it is not absolutely necessary, although a thin batt could be used if desired. Right now, I plan to simply back it with another piece of muslin, bind the edges and tie it at either the corners or centers of the blocks. It measures 62" x 51", the perfect size for a lap throw or "cuddle blanket." The second quilt is coming along famously as well, and is also made from scraps cut into regularly shaped pieces, but the best news is that my stash of leftover fabrics has shrunk considerably. Time to start laying in a new supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment