Friday, July 1, 2022

Baby Pictures 2

 


Day 261 (bonus): This merits a second post because as you should know by now, I am of the considered opinion that there is nothing, absolutely nothing cuter than baby birds. The parents are trying very hard to get these little peanuts to take their first flight. I think they may have already drawn one out on the wing. One slightly smaller bird comes back to the House and hangs on the exterior, sometimes while Mom is at the door with a tasty bug. Nine times out of ten, she flies off with the bug still in her beak, but relents when the little chirps become insistent. Both parents make fly-bys, as if to say, "Come on, you can do it. Watch me!" But oh, the ground is a long way down when you've never felt the wind beneath your wings. I was not expecting the kids to fledge today, but it is possible that they'll be gone by evening. Fly well, my little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment