Saturday, July 2, 2022

Potato Chip Quilt


Day 262: Another quilt top done, and "Potato Chip" was fun to piece. However, somewhere along the line while I was sewing blocks together, I got two in the wrong order, and didn't catch the error until I was ready to stitch the last long seam. After the air had cleared (it got pretty blue at that point), I picked the last two long seams and two short seams so that I had four sets comprised of two blocks each. I hoped that would be sufficient for a major reorganization. That said, in assembling the blocks, they are laid with the centers turned horizonal and vertical alternately, which added another layer of difficulty to finding a suitable arrangement. Luck was on my side for once, and I was able to put the quilt top back together with no two identical fabrics overlapping one another, but one print meets itself at a corner, thereby providing the first puzzle the recipient of this quilt will want to solve. Where is it? I'm not telling!

At this point in the game, I have three quilt tops completed and will probably back them with white muslin to avoid making a trip to the fabric store. Now the problem is this: I want to start another hexagon top to use up the remainder of the kitty prints, but I don't have a suitable solid for the centers. I may need to make a trip to the fabric store after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment