Saturday, August 20, 2022

Cute As A Bug


Day 311: This little character seemed to know that I needed a reason to smile today. It's been a tough morning. That said, I've been chasing skippers around the yard for a couple of weeks now, but they've been reluctant to hold still long enough for me to focus the camera. Not this one! As I turned from photographing the entire year's yield of blueberries (all four of them), Skipper nearly knocked me over in his haste to be first to land on this tomato flower. He had some competition, but once he'd claimed it for his own, the rival flew off to look elsewhere for lunch. Mr./Ms. Ochlodes posed and postured for a couple of minutes while I fiddled with settings and got zoomed in with a macro filter at close range. I mean, what's not to love about that face? Skippers have always been one of my favourite butterflies, and especially the Woodland Skipper (Ochlodes sylvanoides) which seems to be the dominant species in my yard. Maybe with his help, I'll get some tomatoes after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment