Sunday, September 25, 2022

Scrappy Stars Done!


Day 347: The Scrappy Stars quilt is done and ready to be delivered to a friend who doesn't have the faintest inkling that they are on the short list of people who need a quilt to remember me by. I love gifting special people with surprise quilts! I finished the hand-quilting this morning, attached my "made by Crow with love" label to the back, and threw it in the wash to remove the stitching guide lines for the geometric design I'd drawn with a washable graphite pencil, the final step in its creation. Admittedly, I've worked on other quilts in between and even completed several, but when Scrappy Stars went on the quilting frame to be hand-stitched roughly two months ago, it took the place of honour in the living room. A quilting frame occupies a substantial bit of space, and it only went back in the box for a few months after I finished a hexagon quilt for my botany partners. It's not likely to return to storage any time soon, either. I mounted the Kittygons on it even before Scrappy Stars went in the laundry. When they're done, Double Wedding Ring will move to center stage. There's a good reason I don't have TV. I have too much else to do to waste my time in front of a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment