Thursday, September 1, 2022

September Morn


Day 323: A glad, good September Morn to you, my faithful readers! A number of things have lined up to keep me from celebrating the day with my customary physical activities, not the least of which is the fact that it's probably going to be over 90 today. Consequently, I cast about for other ways to commemorate the occasion, and making the first complete ring for the Double Wedding Ring quilt hit the top of the list. Pizza was second, and I'll be picking one up later. Putting the Ring together was facilitated by the Slit 'N Sew templates which create a ring from four blocks. When quilted, the center seams will not be noticeable. I'd made four test blocks to work out any issues, but one I had not anticipated sneaked up and bit me on the bum. I hadn't really looked at the white-on-white background print as carefully as I should have done, and therefore didn't realize that the pattern was directional until I was assembling the third block. "Hang on a mo'," I said. "Something is wrong here. Some of those dashes are vertical and others are horizontal!" I only had to pick out two pieces to fix the error, and was grateful that I hadn't been farther into the project when I caught it. All in all, I think this was a pretty good way to kick off the Beautiful Month. I'll get my annual bath when the weather cools down.

No comments:

Post a Comment