Tuesday, November 1, 2022

From A Sow's Ear


Day 19: From the sow's ear of my stash of tag-end worsted yarns, I shall endeavour to make the proverbial silk purse in the character of a waffle-weave lap throw. Even if it doesn't work out according to plan, it'll be warm. When you have knit and crochet as many things as I have done over the years, that pile of leftovers, wrapped into little balls and tucked aside as "too big to throw away," threatens to reach critical mass. Lest my home should pass the event horizon of a black hole formed around a nucleus of yarn, the time has come to reduce my fiber footprint rather than buying even more yarn for another project. Although I still have a piece on the floor loom, it's near completion, so I've begun measuring a warp of worsted waste to replace it immediately. The "waffles" will be in stripes of coloured warp against a black weft (higher mathematics came into play to determine whether or not I had enough of ANY colour for weft, again trying to avoid buying more yarn). Warm, and bright in the bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment