Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Snowline


Day 20: So close! And wasn't it just two weeks ago that I was complaining about temps in the mid-80s? This is the view from my front yard this morning, roughly 0.2 miles away horizontally and 500' vertically. If you feel like calculating the hypotenuse, go right ahead. It's too early in the morning for me to engage in mathematical gymnastics. I do believe "autumn" lasted all of three days this year, and while a short "shoulder season" is not uncommon in the Pacific Northwe't, I suspect this one may have been one of the shortest on record. We went from bone-dry to sopping within seven days, the human population exchanging shorts and tank tops for long johns and wool socks over the span of one week's laundry. The forecast shows the white creeping downward, although it still may miss my yard by a margin of a hundred feet. Although I have yet to see a mushroom, the lichens perked up immediately following the first rains. At least somebody is happy for the change in the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment