Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas-Present-To-Self

Day 75: Backdating this, because yesterday should have been an ordinary day, but as it transpired, my power, internet, land-line and cell service all disappeared at 6:15 AM. I haven't found out why yet, but I suspect a landslide caused by having almost 3" of rain fall in two days. The power came back on six hours later, a long time for our little rural power company. Usually, they have us back up and running in something under two hours. However, I didn't get cell service until right before bedtime. Land-line and internet were both still down when I went to bed.

The good news from yesterday was that my Christmas-present-to-self arrived, in person of a new chair (a recliner). After reading dozens of reviews and scouting local furniture stores via their websites, I decided to take a chance and order from Amazon. Feeling a bit like I'd just bought a pig in a poke, I was worried that it might not live up to my expectations, but it did...and more. It appears to be very well-made, but the best thing about it is that the seat is about two inches higher from the floor than the old Spin-the-Kitty chair, which means that I no longer have to sit on a pillow to use the bonker loom. It is the perfect height for weaving. The seat is quite firm (a selling point for me), and as a bonus, it has a heating/massage element in the backrest. It took me a whole ten minutes to assemble, and no swear words were involved. Then I had the remainder of the day to spend on "vacation," inadvertent as it might have been. I got quite a bit of weaving done.

No comments:

Post a Comment