Friday, January 13, 2023

Feeling Sheepish


Day 92: I've been feeling a little "sheepish" these last several days, so I broke out the inkle loom and set up a krokbragd warp with a favourite design. I've been mulling it over, and think I may have figured out how to manipulate krokbragd on the bonker (Glimakra band loom) to make a longer band. Bands on the inkle are limited by its size. This model allows for a warp just slightly longer than nine feet. On the other hand, the bonker loom can hold many more yards of warp. I've never even come close to filling it. Now it has to be mentioned here that I began working with this flock an hour or so before bedtime last night, which may not have been the best idea. It set my mind to puzzling over how best to warp the bonker to get the three sheds required for krokbragd weave. I tucked in for the night with visions of a vast herd of sheep in my head, and counting them as warp threads was certainly not conducive to sleep. In the wee hours, I had mentally drafted several potential experiments with one promising candidate rising to the fore. I intend to run a short test as soon as the current band comes off the bonker despite the fact that I already have measured warp for another project waiting in the wings. Maybe I'll get that paddock built this week after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment