Thursday, February 2, 2023

A Visit From The Mistletoe Fairy


Day 112: When the mailman backed into my driveway yesterday afternoon, I was puzzled. I wasn't expecting a package of any sort. When I saw the return address, I understood. It was from the Mistletoe Faerie/Fairy, our Morris-dance group's holiday gift-giver. That said, I was surprised because although I had elected not to participate in our annual exchange this year, they nevertheless chose to remember me. Inside was an assortment of gifts, including a small quartz crystal which didn't make it into the photo because I only found it on the kitchen table when I sat down to eat dinner. Given my advancing years and inability to drive long distances plus worries about covid, I'm doubtful I'll ever be able to dance with the group again, but it's heartwarming to know that I made some good friends there. I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment