Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hefty Herd


Day 111: When I took this photo, I still had about half an hour's work left to do. When I finally rolled the band off the bonker loom, I had a functional 10 1/2 yards (31 feet). After a short stint with a pocket calculator, I determined that my herd is comprised of approximately 450 sheep which ain't bad for less than a week's effort. I have made a number of different variations on this pattern, mostly changing up to daisies so that sometimes they have leaves and sometimes not, sometimes with taller or shorter stems, or sometimes omitting them altogether, but the sheep have remained the same. I do have another character waiting for the arrival of a particular colour of thread before I can warp up the new design, so I think I'll mosey over to the north paddock to see if I can muster a few more ewes in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment