Tuesday, February 21, 2023

When "Fail" Turns Funny


Day 131: Sometimes, "fail" turns funny. The concept of krokbragd ants on a red gingham check tablecloth background was a good idea on the drawing board, but even after careful counting and estimating how many throws would be required for the abdomen, the width enforced by the weft passes made the design much wider than I'd intended. My "ants" wound up being short and squat. I hadn't woven much more than an inch before deciding that this one definitely had to be cut off the loom. I turned the inkle so that I could view it in the proper perspective. The "ants" reminded me of something else I'd prefer not to find at a picnic. I'm sure you could have heard my shriek all the way to the Canadian border: "Aaaaaaggghhhh!!! TICKS!!!" I grabbed the scissors as fast as I could, and by bedtime, I had rehung the warp and was merrily weaving mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment