Sunday, April 9, 2023

Leksand Loom


Day 178: I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Ed Stevens for offering me his original prototype Leksand loom. I have been waiting for him to finish refurbishing it for some time now, and today, he delivered it to my doorstep. He spent eight hours here, showing me how to warp it (rather differently from the bonker loom which it somewhat resembles) and then coaching me in the hand motions peculiar to its breed. There was more to learn than I had expected, and undoubtedly I'll need further instruction as there was simply too much to take in through a single session. I will add more details in future posts, but for now, I just want to perfect the basic technique. And to take a nap, a nice nap with Tippy who spent the entire day under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment