Saturday, April 8, 2023

Let's Go To The Fair!


Day 177: Until I went on this recent spinning jag, I wasn't sure I'd have any entries for the Washington State (Puyallup) Fair this year. I've taken prizes in every category I've entered over the years, but of course that means that my best works in those categories have already been shown (not that I don't have other Fair-quality pieces I could submit). There are still a few categories I haven't entered, and spinning happens to be one of them. For handspun yarn, you are required to submit a skein weighing at least an ounce. Not a problem there! I've just completed the final processing of eight ounces of Bambino (Merino/bamboo) in the "Twinkle, Twinkle" colourway. I think it's one of the prettiest and most luxurious yarns I've spun to date. The name undoubtedly derives from the golden yellow bamboo fibers which pop out from amid the magentas and purples of the wool. There are even touches of blue and lavender in it which gives it a gorgeous tweedy look. It will be my entry in the "Blended Fibers" class. I also hope to have a pair of socks done in the "Hickory Dickory" colourway for the "Socks" class, and a piece of weaving as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment