Monday, July 10, 2023

Sittin' On The Cat


Day 270: This silly occupation is known as "sittin' on the cat," and begins with Tippy inviting me to follow him to the bedroom doorway and then back to the middle of the living room where he then stops, expecting me to perform my role in the game. I step so that my feet are on either side of his midsection, then kneel down, letting a small part of my weight rest on his hindquarters as he lies down on the carpet. He starts purring even before I begin rubbing his chest and throat, and I often bend forward so that we can touch noses. "I'm sittin' on the cat," I say. "You're such a silly little Boy." Skunk also enjoyed the same routine when she was still with us, although Tippy only began requesting my participation over the last year or so. That said, both he and Skunk would grab my ankle if I tried to walk away before they'd had enough. My Boy is about to celebrate his 15th birthday, still a silly kitten full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment