Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Thoughts And Prayers


Day 363: As an avowed atheist-slash-animist ("this one Crow all same-same rock-tree-bird"), I'm not long on the "thoughts and prayers" thing, but right now, the world needs all the help it can get, so I'm not above hedging my bets with some offerings to the deity my mother most revered. Ganesha, son of Shiva and Parvati, is widely known as the remover of obstacles, although he may also place them in the paths of those who are bent on mischief or harm to others. I've been giving him offerings of flowers since late summer when the black-eyes Susans were still in bloom. They're gone now, and only a few snapdragons light the flower beds with hot pink and yellow. The fragrant foliage of sweetfern serves as incense, but I fear these are poor tributes when laid against the griefs of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment