Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sneaky Bloomers


Day 30: Sneaky! That's what these two are. The fault was purely mine, though. I didn't rotate them as regularly as I should have during the summer, so when they came into bloom, it was on the sides facing the window. You can also see that Yellow got a little more sun exposure than usual, hence the pink tinge to part of the flower. My "Christmas" cacti live in the Loom Room, the only window space I have for them, and it's a small one. They're all crammed together on one shelf, so it's easy to miss burgeoning buds on the light-coloured ones. When I do notice that they're ready to bloom, they're moved to the place of honour on the fireplace mantel, but the body of the house is too warm for them to remain there for the rest of the year. For the best blooms, these plants require cooler nights, especially during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment