Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Spot The Differences

 

Day 32: We have another milestone! The birders among my readership will have a distinct advantage over the rest of you in this game of "Spot the Differences" when I say that two of these objects are not like the others. Yes, today I made inroads with the Black-capped Chickadees after a trip to the grocery store meant that second breakfast was late. They mobbed me when I got home, trying to get at the seed in the coffee can I was carrying, attaching themselves to the front of my shirt and my sleeves, dive-bombing my hair. It had been a cold night, and they were convinced they were starving. The bulk of the welcoming committee was of course Chestnut-backed, but I was pleasantly surprised when two Black-cappeds, one right after the other, also accepted food from my fingers despite the fact that I was holding the shiny silver scary thing in my other hand. Even so, I got the requisite documentation. Can you spot the Black-cappeds in the crowd?

No comments:

Post a Comment