Saturday, January 13, 2024

End Of My Rope


Day 92: I've reached the end of my rope, which is to say that I have used one entire cone of blue 3/2 cotton, weaving it in the "King's Flower" overshot pattern. I have another cone, but the dye lot is different and does not match, so I will be finishing out the warp with another "ship's-hawser" cotton and tabby weave. I should be able to get two (possibly three) placemats out of the remaining warp. The mats will require another step: weaving a band to apply as a border on all four sides. I just happened to have three coordinating colours of 8/2 cotton in my stash to match the variegation. As to a purpose for the overshot, I haven't decided how best to use it. If you will recall, switching to 3/2 cotton was an emergency measure when my intended project wasn't working out according to plan. Weavers must be able to think on their feet when the vision doesn't correspond to the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment