Friday, January 12, 2024

Following In My Footsteps


Day 91: This made me chuckle. As I walked out to the mailbox yesterday, I noticed that someone had been following in the footsteps I'd left on a previous trip. Five or six of my imprints each bore the same marks: two hops of a Dark-eyed Junco who had been travelling in the same direction. Perhaps the little feathered person tracking me had discovered that where the snow was already compressed meant that landing there kept their tummy drier and warmer. In any event, the hops seemed strategically placed, and deliberately so. Oh, to know how those little minds work, because it is obvious to me that there are thought processes going on, so far removed from those in our narrow, verbal human brains that we cannot comprehend the logic and concepts within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment