Saturday, January 20, 2024

King's Flower Cloth


Day 99: The King's Flower cloth is off the loom, all 183 inches of it, and I am halfway through warping my next project. My original plan for this warp didn't work out, and I wound up having to change out the weft when the floats looked to me like they would be too long even after wet-finishing. I wove a sample piece using 8/2, but switched to 3/2 (the blue) for the remainder of the cloth. After washing the sample, I realized it would have been okay ("okay," but not ideal) if I'd stuck with it, but by then, I was well into this piece. I used up the single cone of mismatched blue dye lots, then switched to another weft to finish out the warp with two tabby-woven placemats. From start to finish, this was a "winging it" exercise, but hardly the first in my long weaving career. That said, now I'm faced with figuring out the best way to utilize five yards of King's Flower. I love the pattern, but this is not the cloth of my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment