Monday, February 19, 2024

Make Sail, Ye Scurvy Dogs!


Day 129: Although Capt. Morgan Corbye has not been seen for some time, the infamous pirate from a fabulous (in the sense of "fable") world which rather strongly smacks of the Pacific Northwest is still alive and well. Today, her talents were brought to bear in making sail for a loom rather than on a ship. The cloth is cotton duck (a heavy canvas) and this morning, when I had finished making a warp apron for Max, I discovered to my delight that between previous leftovers and a new remnant, I had enough to stitch together so that I could replace the old and rather musty cloth apron as well. I still have to mount them on the loom, but with every passing day, I'm getting closer to anchoring that multicoloured warp and then taking him out for his maiden voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment