Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Mind The Multiplier


Day 137: "Let's see," I said to myself as I was planning this band, "the placemats are 20" x 16", so that's one yard (and a smidgen for turning corners) times two to go all the way around. Two yards and about six inches per placemat. That's what I need." And then I went off and did something else requiring keen focus, like retrieving the warping board from the Loom Room. "Four yards," I said as I sat down to wind warp, "Times two for two placemats. And a little bit for the Pope." Anybody see the problem here? Yep, I doubled my doubled measurement in that brief thirty seconds I was gone. When did I realize what I'd done? When I took the band off the loom yesterday and found that I had MILES of it, way more than I needed for two little placemats. No wonder it took me so long to weave. Mind the multiplier, Crow. Mind the multiplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment