Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Spacers And Chasers


Day 138: This one is going to be fun! Many historic/traditional Scandinavian bands were made with multiple patterns occurring in the same piece, sometimes without repeating at all. I wanted to make a trim for the outer edges of the "Scandinavian Favourite" crackle-weave tablecloth and decided to put my own twist on the principle by using identical spacers in between short motifs. Since my initial plan for a holiday tablecloth turned into the King's Flower coverlet, I also chose to incorporate some green into this band to give it Christmas-y feel. I have warped thirty feet and will be using both traditional and original motifs in as many variations as I can manage with 11 pattern threads. I'm calling it "Spacers and Chasers."

No comments:

Post a Comment