Sunday, March 3, 2024

Adventurous Eating

Day 142: One of the tenets I hold is that life is too short not to try new foods. I have eaten some very strange things over the years, including deep-fried caterpillar larvae, chocolate covered ants, properly prepared snails and (when I was very young and didn't know any better) fresh angleworms. I'm still alive to tell the tale, and in fact, I found the caterpillar larvae quite good. Other items have gone on my "Never Again" list: brains, tripe, Rocky Mountain Oysters, to name a few. Most of you know that I like haggis, that traditional Scottish dish comprised largely of sheep organ meats, and also lutefisk. I figured it was time to try Mexican-style chorizo. I suspect most of you will stop reading the ingredients after the first entry and may even be racing for the porcelain throne, but it's actually rather tasty. I've mixed mine with refried beans to make burritos which I'll top with guacamole. I may decide not to repeat the experiment, but other things have taken me multiple tries before my taste buds were completely educated to the flavour, so I'm not ruling it out just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment