Monday, March 4, 2024

Hexed


Day 143: I'm going to put a hex on tablet weaving! After a less than successful attempt to make my own hexagonal cards (or rather, to put holes in the corners), I decided I was going to have to buy them. The problem was that the only ones I could find were either wooden (too thick), expensive or would ship from Lithuania. I was complaining about the situation to Ed, my weaving friend, and he responded almost immediately. "What about these?" Well, what do you know? An Etsy seller had restocked the ones I'd seen another weaver using, and was offering two different designs. As much as I liked the brighter geometrics, the Victorian flower designs on these convinced me to go with the pastels. There aren't many patterns out there for six-sided card weaving, but I have one of bees which is very cute. As if I wasn't already up to my eyeballs in weaving projects! But it's something new to learn, and that's always exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment