Friday, April 26, 2024

Ol' Blue Eyes Are Back


Day 196: Frank Sinatra might have sung it with a slight grammatical revision: Ol' Blue Eyes Are Back. Brunnera "Jack Frost" and Lithodora are center stage in my flower beds currently, the only blue I'm likely to see outdoors for at least the next week. And they are intense! While Brunnera resembles those pesky forget-me-nots I keep pulling, it does not have the same tendency to spread. The foliage of "Jack Frost" is particularly lovely, and even once the flowers have faded, it brightens the shady area at the end of my carport. Lithodora is a ground cover, evergreen foliage reminiscent of rosemary, and even in winter, it nearly always provides at least a few winks of its blue eyes. I love it when my garden is singing the blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment