Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Purple Orange Peel


Day 193: After weaving a sample of Orange Peel sett at 20 ends per inch (epi), I was not happy with the proportions of the motifs (too tall, too narrow), so I picked back my work, untied the warp and pulled it out of the 10-dent reed, then changed to one with 15 dents. That's the epi I customarily use for 8/2 overshot, and I should have known to stick with what's always worked for me. Although the motifs still aren't exactly square, I am very pleased with the results. This pattern looks complex, but in fact, it is quite easy to remember, and I don't have to constantly refer to my "cheat sheet" to see what comes next. It is also easy to tell where I left off if I happen to be interrupted, unlike many overshots I've done in the past. This one is destined to be a favourite, and I am already thinking ahead to using it again on a finer scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment