Monday, September 23, 2024

The Cone Of Shame


Day 346: I warned them. "He's got a real temper," I said. When the vet tech returned him to me, carrier in one hand and Elizabethan collar in the other, she told me, "He was really mad when he woke up, so we didn't get the cone on him." I wasn't surprised in the least. Yes, today was the necessary pre-puberty surgery, and I have been fretting about it for weeks. Everything went smoothly (well, except for getting the collar on him) and we are now home. It has taken several adjustments, but the Cone of Shame has been securely in place for a little over half an hour now. I won't claim victory just yet, but at least we're close. The surgical procedure has changed a lot since I last had a kitty neutered. They simply make a small incision, remove the important bits and that's it. No sutures. No glue. Just a tiny wound which they leave open to heal over the next 7-10 days while I try to keep the Cone of Shame in place. In a month, he won't even remember what happened to him on this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment