Thursday, October 3, 2024

Come Walk With Me


Day 356: As parks go, there's not much to Ashford County Park. It covers 80 acres, most of which is wetland and inaccessible to the public, but the perimeter trail and central link provides a pleasant 1.2 miles over mostly paved paths with a steep enough gradient (8%) to let you know you're getting some small cardiovascular benefit. That's what I needed, so I left home 20 minutes early for another errand to allow time to make the loop. Autumn was very evident, which is to say there was a substantial "fall" of alder leaves blanketing the asphalt most of the way around. I had it to myself, as is my preference when enjoying nature. I did not expect to find rare plants or new fungi, did not search for insects, spiders or frogs, did not particularly listen for bird calls, although I'm sure my ears would have perked up if I'd heard something out of the ordinary. I just...went for a walk. Sometimes, that's all you need to settle your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment