Sunday, October 6, 2024

Mummies Only


Day 359: Hallowe'en is one of my least favourite days of the year. For all of the fact that I enjoy costuming, the emphasis on fear and horror (building over the last several decades) is something I find extremely off-putting. There's enough of that in the real world. The fantasy-world of spirits, shades, vampires, ghouls and the like holds no interest for me, and I can honestly say I've never seen a single zombie-themed movie. That said, it would not be October without bringing mummies into the picture, and after much deliberation, I settled on a dark red one. It's usually a debate between rich red and lavender, although I have been known to buy an orange or a yellow one occasionally just to change things up. Interestingly enough, sometimes these mummies arise from the tomb the following spring if the winter is kind, ready to put up a new flush of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment