Saturday, October 5, 2024

Cat Psychology 101


Day 358: The general recommendation for length of time a 6-month old kitten needs to wear a recovery collar after neutering is 10-14 days. I had planned to leave Merry in his soft collar for the full 14, but the incisions had healed nicely and the scabs were starting to flake off on their own, so I liberated him about 36 hours early. That said, I still wanted to distract him from working too vigorously at the site, so in advance, I had bought him a "recovery gift": a crinkly, crackly tunnel. It's been hidden until today and in fact, I almost forgot about it and was sidetracking him with the Stick game, but I remembered after an hour or so and unpackaged the tunnel. He took to it immediately, playing with the dangly ball, going in and out through the side window, playing with Stick through the hole until he was so thoroughly worn out that he phlooomphed in a sunspot and is currently enjoying a nap. "Phlooomphed?" Yes. We have my sister-of-the-heart Patty to thank for that word with its triple "o." It replaces "flopped" which, after all, really belonged to my sweet Tippy as part of our bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment