Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kevin Turtlesitter



Day 221 (by request of a mutual friend): On our way to the annual Volunteer Brunch yesterday, I mentioned to Kevin the fact that I needed a photo of something caged outdoors for the monthly photo "scavenger hunt" which sometimes inspires the material for these posts. He gave the project about three minutes' thought and then replied, "I'm taking care of Ron W's turtles while he's gone. They're in an outdoor cage. I don't know how good a subject they'd be, but I have to run over there after we get back and you're welcome to come along."

The turtles (and there are actually three of them, although only one appears in this photo) eat earthworms. After I had taken several photos of one of them, Kevin went about his duties as turtle-sitter, entering the spacious enclosure to drop the worms in the turtles' water dishes. I'm not sure why he hunkered down, but it gave me an unexpected opportunity to capture both the sitter and one of the "sittees."

No comments:

Post a Comment