Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Quiet Time


Day 18: After a week of ideal hiking weather when I was out almost every day, now the autumn rains have started (a little too earnestly, thank you) and I've returned to my quiet-time projects. Having spun up the remainder of the raw wool, I washed one skein this morning and hung it to dry indoors, but the urge to spin was strong. I had three choices at hand: more grey Gotland (a recent purchase), a beautiful white Corriedale cross roving, or the dyed wool I'd bought at the Puyallup Fair: a blue/purple/black blend and an aqua/blue/purple, four ounces of each. I opted for the colours. I will spin all of each blend separately and then ply them together to maximize the randomness of the colours. The fiber is in "pencil roving," already carded and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment