Monday, February 4, 2019

Shelter In Place


Day 114: Following Mr. Towhee's advice, I am sheltering in place, not even going out for groceries although I discovered yesterday that I'm down to my last half dozen Red Rose tea bags. 'Sokay, I have some herbals I should use up, and I'm well stocked for coffee. That said, if you're a bird, food is a priority regardless of the weather. Towhee and friends are making quick forays to the feeders, then retreating to the relatively snow-free core of the contorted filbert. The tangled branches provide protection not only from predators, but also from the weather. If you're snowed in, you might want to think about making a few bird-sized holes in the snow/ice covering your shrubs. The little guys will appreciate your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment