Saturday, March 16, 2019

A Kodiak Moment


Day 154: Workplace environment here. Shortly after lunch, I left the office and headed out toward the campground, but before I'd reached the first corner in the road, I found myself in the position of playing "chicken" with one of the Kodiaks and a plow. You can't pass up a photo op like this, so I snapped a few quick shots before stepping to the side. At the bridge (visible through the trees on the left), the packed snow turned icy and I noticed with some dismay that one of my shoe chains had popped off. Figuring it had been eaten by the Kodiak, turned into tiny bits of rubber and metal and spewed across the snowscape, I continued on with mincing steps down the cleared portions of the road. I lost the other shoe chain somewhere in the campground during the postholing trek mentioned yesterday. I'm sure I'll be able to find it in the spring; the one I thought I'd lost to the Kodiak turned up in the office. It had come off before I'd even left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment