Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Cone Crochet


Day 27: I'm not big on "cutesy," but when I found a pattern on YouTube for a crocheted fir cone, it was more than I could resist. It appears in multiple iterations on various peoples' channels, so I won't repeat it here. Select the one which is easiest for you to follow. It took a bit of fiddling to find a thread combination which would render a life-size version. I used two strands of 8/2 weaving cotton in two shades of brown and a 2mm hook. The pattern is easy but somewhat time-consuming (and by that, I mean that it took me an hour to make a single cone), so I rather doubt I'll be attaching them to everyone's Chrismtas gifts as I'd thought I might do. Still, they work up quickly enough that select friends may receive truly iconic symbols of the Pacific Northwest to use as ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment