Sunday, February 4, 2024

Raggin' It


Day 112: After completing a second rag rug from t-shirt strips, I weighed what was remaining in the bucket and decided that it would be better to save what was left rather than making a 6" shorter rug. I had a pretty good stash of denim strips as well, and am almost done with a third, heavier rug. I'm nearing the end of my usable warp, so after this one is complete, I'll be retiring the table loom temporarily to make way for...sit down, hold onto something...a "new" floor loom! My weaving buddy Ed is handing down his newly refurbished Bergman four-shaft countermarch, and will be delivering it tonight. Once the "Scandinavian Favourite" is off my present loom, it will be moving to a new home, simply because there is not enough room in my house for two floor looms. The Bergman may need more heddles, and I'm not sure my reeds will fit it, so it may be a while before I have it up and running. Of course, it will also be a while before I'm done with the "Scandinavian Favourite" because I'm only halfway on the first of three panels. Slowly but surely, this will all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment