Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Sunny Easter


Day 170: The Bunny couldn't have asked for a more beautiful morning for hiding eggs, and although he didn't bring me any, he did deliver some chocolate in yesterday's mail. Why I should have taken a sudden craving for milk chocolate instead of my usual preference for extra-dark, super blackout, 90-92% cocoa is beyond me, but my stash was entirely devoid of anything lighter than 80%. That is neither here nor there. What matters is that the garden is beginning to show its true colours. The Hellebores are exceptionally flowery this year, although the daffodils have put on a weak showing so far. The Forsythia is lovely, its arching stems visible through the kitchen window when I'm washing dishes, and the Red-flowering Currant has begun to attract the hummingbirds even though the flowers aren't open far enough to admit their probing little beaks. It is a rare day in March when blue sky shows as a backdrop to the promise of more flowers to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment